Silence Quotes : If I could I would always work in silence and obscurity, and let my efforts be known by their results.Silence is sometimes the best answer.Silence is the ultimate weapon of power.Silence is better than unmeaning words.
Silence is a source of great strength.” Lao Tzu
Silence – can it help you get your point across better than speaking? See what these famous people had to say about the virtue of silence.
I’ve begun to realise that you can listen to silence and learn from it. It has a quality and a dimension all its own. – Chaim Potok, The Chosen
Nothing strengthens authority so much as silence. -Leonardo da Vinci
Blessed is the man who, having nothing to say, abstains from giving us wordy evidence of the fact. – George Eliot, Impressions of Theophrastus Such
In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends. – Martin Luther King, Jr.
Choose silence of all virtues, for by it you hear other men’s imperfections, and conceal your own. – George Bernard Shaw
Silence is a text easy to misread. – A. A. Attanasio, The Eagle, and the Sword
Silence is the loudest sound I have ever heard.
Silence is not consent. It is a mute protest of one who cannot put his feelings into words.
There is a time in the day, just before the sun rises, that is so silent, all you can hear is the creation of the universe.
Sometimes, those with so much to say are silent.
Inspirational Quotes On Silence
- Beware of the silent snake for it is the deadliest of all.
- Being silent is a good practice. Often times, we just say what is on our minds without thought. To limit your words and only speak them when necessary is powerful.
- Some people cannot stand silence for it is when in this state of sound can they hear their own soul cry in torment.
- The best people are often the people who you can stand to be around in absolute silence.
- Silence is a habit that is hard earned but good for the soul.
- To be silent when another is speaking is a great gift. People have the gift of speech but often lack the will to listen, which is why an attentive silence is most coveted.
- Silence doesn’t always equate to suffering. There are times when one needs silence in order to listen to the needs of their souls.
- In this present world, it is difficult to be silent. Often the quiet ones are persecuted for their silence, and the world refuses to understand them.
- To sit and watch as life passes by is an art lost in time. Only available to the very young and the very old, this gift is what makes the elderly and very young children wise.
- Take note of silent children. Some cry and wail when they are hurt but it is the quiet ones that have deeper scars.
- A comfortable silence between two people often means a strong sense of trust.
- When I see people, I always want to have a conversation. I don’t understand it but I just have to. That is why I’d rather be alone, for silence is the preferable companion.
- If you don’t know that silence has a sound, you have never been silent at all.
- To know that there are times that one must be silent is a sign of wisdom.
- A good friend knows when to stay silent.
Quotes on silence attitude
- Meditation is the art of listening to your soul. To breathe in good intentions and exhale the worries of the day, to sit in silence, is to attain peace.
- Sometimes, silence can be fatal. When one could speak the truth but refrain could be the cause of many unfortunate events.
- In the end, all there is left is silence and it is often a comfort to the weary soul.
- The best threat is silence. Why bluster and shout when one can just stare coldly mute, letting the other person feel uncomfortable?
- Silence is often when imagination comes alive.
- It is a crime to silence another person. To do so would be to violate the very essence of humanity.
- Contentment can be found in silence when the soul and heart are one.
- There are things that are too great to be said that only silence can truly capture the moment.
- You can always tell how important something is to the degree of silence involved.
- Silence is often torture; a way for madmen to draw out something that could have been decided long ago.
- In the beginning, there was nothing but silence. In the end, silence also awaits.
- Silence allows you to observe the world in totality.
- Knowing when to be silent is a powerful weapon.
- In order to appreciate silence, one must have time. You cannot rush something so profound.
- This better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt. – Abraham Lincoln
- He who does not know how to be silent will not know how to speak. – Ausonius
Quotes about silence and hurt
- There is no need to go to India or anywhere else to find peace. You will find that deep place of silence right in your room, your garden or even your bathtub. – Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
- I have found out in the course of a long public life that the things I did not say never hurt me. – Calvin Coolidge
- Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence. – Max Ehrmann, Desiderata
- The saying is true “The empty vessel makes the greatest sound.” – William Shakespeare
- There are times when silence is the best way to yell at the top of your voice. – O. A. Battista
- Speech is of time, silence is of eternity. – Thomas Carlyle, Sartor Resartus
- Sometimes it’s best to stay quiet. The silence can speak volumes without ever saying a word.” Anonymous
- He who does not understand your silence will probably not understand your words.” Elbert Hubbard
- Open your mouth only if what you are going to say is more beautiful than the silence.” Spanish Proverb
- Successful people always have two things on their lips. Silence and a smile.” Anonymous
- Don’t waste words on people deserve your silence. Sometimes the most powerful thing you can say is nothing at all.” Mandy Hale
- Silence calms my soul.” Anonymous
- When you build in silence, they don’t know what to attack.” Anonymous
- Silence is the sleep that nourishes wisdom.” Francis Bacon
- Silence is a gift. Learn to value its essence.” Anonymous
- Silence is the best response to a fool.” Anonymous
- Silence. The most beautiful voice.” Anonymous
- Silence is one of the great arts of conversation.” Marcus Tullius Cicero
- Silence remains, inescapably, a form of speech.” Susan Sontag
- The tree of silence bears the fruit of peace.” Proverb
- Silence is sometimes the best answer.” Dalai Lama
- I have often regretted my speech, never my silence.” Xenocrates
- A wise man once said nothing” Anonymous
- Never assume that loud is strong and quiet is weak.” Anonymous
- Work hard in silence, let your success make the noise.” Frank Ocean
- Through the portals of silence, the healing sun of wisdom and peace will shine upon you.” Paramahansa Yogananda
- Quiet and silence are a form of power. Thoughtful and wise people are not talkative people.” Dr T.P.Chia
- Only silence perfects silence.” A.R. Ammons
Famous Quotes about Power of Silence
Silence is safer than speech. Epictetus
You misinterpret everything, even the silence. Franz Kafka
Do not underestimate the determination of a quiet man. Iain Duncan Smith
The silence is not suppression; instead, it is all there is. Annie Dillard
Silence is better than unmeaning words. Pythagoras
The silence is so deep it hurts our ears. Haruki Murakami
Muddy water is best cleared by leaving it alone. Alan Watts
Speech is of time, silence is of eternity. Thomas Carlyle
Noise: a stench in the ear. Ambrose Bierce
The quiet mind is richer than a crown. Robert Greene
I was quiet, but I was not blind. Jane Austen
Silence says a lot more than you think. Unknown
Still waters run deep. Unknown
If Talk Is Cheap, Then Being Silent Is Expensive. And Many People It Seems, Can’t Afford To Buy Into It.”
“Sometimes, The Most Meaningful Things Are Found Through Silence.”
“Silence Is The Best Way To Answer A Fool.”
“Well Timed Silence Has More Eloquence Than Speech.”
“Silence Is The Language Of God, All Else Is Poor Translation.”
“True Silence Is The Rest Of The Mind; It Is To The Spirit What Sleep Is To The Body, Nourishment And Refreshment.”
“Keep Your Mouth Closed Until Your Mind Is In Gear.”
“Men Of Few Words Are The Best Men.”-William Shakespeare
“When Silence Is Used As A Weapon It Can Wound Even More Than Words.”-Jill Thrussell
“Silence Is Sometimes The Best Answer.”- Dalai Lama
“Some Hearts Understand Each Other Even In Silence.”
“Work Hard In Silence. Let Success Be Your Noise.”
“The Wiser A Man Is, The Less Talkative Will He Be.”
“If You Don’t Understand My Silence Then You Don’t Deserve My Words.”
“Open Your Mouth Only If What You Are Going To Say Is More Beautiful Than Silence.”
“God Speaks In The Silence Of The Heart. Listening Is The Beginning Of Prayer.”- Mother Teresa
“Silence Is Golden Until You Have Kids, Then Silence Is Suspicious.”
“Speaking Comes By Nature, Silence By Understanding.”
“Silence Speaks When Words Can’t.”
“Silence Is The Source Of Great Strength.”
Confidence is silent. Insecurities are loud. Unknown
Getting no message is also a message. Unknown
A wise man once said nothing. Unknown
You are a slave to what you do say, a master of what you don’t say.
To hear, one must be silent. Ursula K. Le Guin
Sound is our mind, silence is our being. Osho
Listening to the eternal involves a silence within us. Thomas Raymond Kelly
One need not always be saying something in this noisy world. Sarah Orne Jewett
You cannot be angry when alone. Osho
Noise is the most impertinent of all forms of interruption. It is not only an interruption, but also a disruption of thought. Arthur Schopenhauer
Living as we do in an age of noise and bluster, success is now measured accordingly. We must all be seen, and heard, and on the air. Daphne du Maurier
The ocean, the desert, and the jungle are the last strongholds and resorts of peace. P.C. Wren
I just realized that sleep sometimes is the only precious wage for the hard working man. Akilnathan Logeswaran
Nowadays silence is looked on as odd and most of my race has forgotten the beauty of meaning much by saying little. Now tongues work all day by themselves with no help from the mind.” Toni Morrison
The wisest man is the silent one. Examine his actions. Judge him by them. Karen Marie Moning
Silence is the virtue of fools. Francis Bacon
A silent man is easily reputed wise. Frederick William Robertson
Speak for yourself and from yourself, or be silent. George Henry Lewes
Silence Quotes For Love and Care
Truth is not only violated by falsehood; it may be equally outraged by silence. Henri Frederic Amiel
When I pronounce the word Future, the first syllable already belongs to the past. When I pronounce the word Silence, I destroy it. Wisława Szymborska
Use what talents you possess; the woods would be very silent if no birds sang there except those that sang best. Henry Van Dyke
Never miss a good chance to shut up. Will Rogers
That man’s silence is wonderful to listen to. Thomas Hardy
There’s zero correlation between being the best talker and having the best ideas. Susan Cain
I didn’t like having to explain to them, so I just shut up, smoked a cigarette, and looked at the sea. Albert Camus
Poets have been mysteriously silent on the subject of cheese. Gilbert K. Chesterton
We went down into the silent garden. Dawn is the time when nothing breathes, the hour of silence. Everything is transfixed, only the light moves. Leonora Carrington
I drank the silence of God from a spring in the woods. Georg Trakl
Hope you like Silence Quotes. And you guys enjoy reading these stuff. feel free to share this page with your friends relative and other loving ones from here.
Frequently Asked Questions
Silence is the absence of ambient audible sound, the emission of sounds of such low intensity that they do not draw attention to themselves.
A passive method for communication in which the robots do not directly exchange messages among themselves; rather they observe the locations and activities of the neighboring robots and then act accordingly.
We can also soften the blow of a negative answer by silence being the response.
Silence uses nonverbal language.